booboohead

booboohead

Just reactions to books I read. I don't really summarize the book's content, because how hard is it to click on the cover and read the description?

So I just write my response.

Overlong and with very little conflict. At least I knew what everyone was wearing.

Alluring - Sarah Curtis

&

Readers who enjoy romances with a smooth ride might enjoy this one a little more than I did. Jackson falls in love/lust right away with the heroine because she's beautiful. That was fine. Romance is full of men who take one look and shout "Mine!"

The problem for me was in the absolute lack of conflict. He sets out to get her and does. There are a few "But...but...buts" from the heroine which didn't amount to much. Neither of the characters really amount to much. She's perfect; he's perfect. Not a flaw to be seen in either one. So from point one, there's no real obstacle to them getting together. There's some lip service paid to his manwhore past and a stalker plot, but even that had zero tension. They're just two perfect romance people -- a virgin and a manwhore -- falling in love.

And all the while, you know exactly what they wear. Exactly. Every single person is described each time we meet them, including a rundown of their current outfit (and using exactly the same sentence structure each time). It was tedious and repetitive. I removed half a star for that irritation alone.